NVDA the free Windows screen reader by NVAccess released the next version for 2018 i.e NVDA 2018.3. The release include few new features, bug fixes and developer enhancements.
Note before download: NVDA 2018.3 breaks compatibility with NVDARemote 2.1 due to a necessary upgrade of WXPython (our Graphical User Interface library). We do expect however that a new version of NVDARemote compatible with NVDA 2018.3 will be released in the coming days.
Whatâ€™s new in NVDA 2018.3
- Â NVDA will report grammar errors when appropriately exposed by web pages in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
- Content marked as being either inserted or deleted in web pages is now reported in Google Chrome.
- Custom roles via the aria-roledescription attribute are now supported in all web browsers.
- Added support for various modern input features introduced in recent Windows 10 releases. These include emoji panel (Fall Creators Update), dictation (Fall Creators Update), hardware keyboard input suggestions (April 2018 Update), and cloud clipboard paste (October 2018 Update).
- Content marked as a block quote using ARIA (role blockquote) is now supported in Mozilla Firefox 63.
- The user is asked once when NVDA starts if they are happy sending usage statistics to NV Access when checking for NVDA updates.)
- Â Accessible labels for controls in Google Chrome are now more readily reported in browse mode when the label does not appear as content itself.
Complete list of new features, bug fixes and changes can be found here.
Download or update to NVDA 2018.3
Visit the NVDA download page for NVDA 2018.3. If already have an older version update to the latest version.
updating to NVDA 2018.3
- Press NVDA + n to open NVDA settings.
- Navigate to Help by pressing down arrow until you hear Help.
- Press right arrow to move into the help menu.
- Press down arrow until you hear Check for updates.
- Press enter Check for updates and follow the onscreen instructions.
NVDA is an open source and free screen reading solution for Windows operating system. Support the cause by donating to the NVDA project.