Maxability is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Maxability takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of it’s website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Include people with disabilities for usability when a new design is included.
- Continual accessibility checks on new content.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Maxability is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
We also try adhering to Refreshed Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, Standard EN 301 of EU and Guidelines for Indian Government Websites (GIGW).
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Maxability. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Maxability:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- You can also write to us from our Contact Us page.
We try to respond to feedback within 7 working days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Maxability is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Our primary focus is with popular combination of Mozilla Firefox with NVDA Screen reader on Windows Operating system
- The content on our website is also compatible with all major screen readers namely Freedom scientific JAWS, Apple VoiceOver on all major browsers namely Google Chrome, Apple Safari, in their respective operating systems and combinations. Eg: Voiceover on Safari with Mac oprating system.
- Maxability is also compatible with mobile operating systems and their supporting screen readers. Talkback with Chrome on Android and Voiceover with Safari on IOS.
Maxability is not compatible with:
- The website might not be compatible with older screen readers and browser combinations. Inform us if any specific combination of screen reader or browser is not working as expected, we will try to fix it or provide an alternate method of content.
Accessibility of Maxability relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Maxability, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Maxability:
1.Videos: The videos uploaded on the blogs or in the training modules or the social media might not have captions available. Because we are just beginning the journey and so far we are not a business firm to fund ourselves. In the training modules we are providing the text transcript for the audio content to help our users who have difficulty depending on audio content. We will try our best to include either captions or transcript on all other audio video content with the best of our abilities. Please provide us any suggestions that may help us to caption all our videos with minimal or no cost.
We assessed the accessibility of Maxability by the following approaches:
- While we are developing our new UI we are taking all care to ensure that Maxability meet relevant accessibility standards. A report for the same will be published in this page as soon as it is available.
This statement was created on 9 February 2019 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.