NVDA 2020.2 was released towards the end of last month. Non-Visual Desktop Access NVDA is a free and open source screen reading software that enables blind and visually impaired users to independently use the computer. NVDA is a Microsoft Windows based screen reading software. With the NVDA 2020.2 release, several improvements and bug fixes has been updated.
NVAccess recommends updating to the latest version for optimal performance. NVAccess being a not for profit that is helping those with blindness and visual impairment for an independent living, any donations will be highly appreciated.
WHAT’S NEW IN NVDA 2020.2?
Highlights of this release include support for a new braille display from Nattiq, better support for ESET antivirus GUI and Windows Terminal, performance improvements in 1Password, and with Windows OneCore synthesizer.
Here are few more new features, changes and bug fixes in NVDA 2020.2.
- Added support for Windows Terminal.
- Web applications (E.G. Gmail) no longer speak outdated information when moving focus rapidly.
- Many more symbols have been added to the default symbols dictionary.
- The reporting of superscripts and subscripts is now controlled separately to the reporting of font attributes.
- Due to changes made in VS Code, NVDA no longer disables browse mode in Code by default.
- In recent releases of Microsoft Word 365, NVDA will no longer announce “delete back word” when Control + Backspace is pressed while editing a document.
- In browse mode in Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, text no longer incorrectly appears on a separate In browse mode with Automatically set system focus to focusable elements disabled, it is now possible to activate elements that aren’t focusable. line when web content uses CSS display: inline-flex.
- In browse mode with ‘Automatically set system focus to focusable elements’ disabled, switching to focus mode with NVDA+space now focuses the element under the caret.
Here is the complete list of updates in NVDA 2020.2.
DOWNLOAD OR UPDATE TO NVDA 2020.2
Visit the NVDA download page for NVDA 2020.2. If already have an older version update to the latest version.
UPDATING TO NVDA 2020.2
- Press NVDA + n to open NVDA settings.
- Navigate to Help by pressing down arrow until you hear Help.
- Press right arrow to move into the help menu.
- Press down arrow until you hear Check for updates.
- Press enter Check for updates and follow the onscreen instructions.
OLDER VERSIONS OF NVDA
Below are the links for What’s new in the previous releases of NVDA screen reader.