Accessibility bulletin August 2020 is out. Read what’s happening in the accessibility community. Also take time to participate in the accessibility challenge for this month.
The highlights of the accessibility bulletin August 2020 are
- 30 years to American’s With Disabilities Act
- Teach Access Curriculum Development Awardees Announced
- Adobe Inclusive Design Workshop
30 years to American’s With Disabilities Act
On July 26th, the Americans With Disabilities Act ADA celebrated its 30 years anniversary In this long journey ADA not only made many things possible for Americans With Disabilities, as a result awareness on disability and accessibility has changed the global thinking.
Watch the video of President George Bush while signing the bill. Do not forget to read our blog on this landmark celebration.
Teach Access Curriculum Development Awardees Announced
The intention of Curriculum Development Awards is to include fundamentals of digital accessibility in college courses. Every year 10 qualified faculty members across the country are selected depending on various parameters and award 5000 dollars each.
Read the teach access awardees for 2021. Congratulations each winner. This moves the mission of digital accessibility further.
Adobe Inclusive Design Workshop
Earlier this year Adobe announced sharing it’s learnings on Inclusive Design to the wider public. You would have already signed up on the Adobe Inclusive Design website. As Matt May – Head of Inclusive Design at Adobe says on his announcement over Linkedin
The workshop comes in three modules:
- Intro to Inclusive Design – a history of how we got here, and how to change our thinking around the way we approach design;
- Greater Inclusion – a survey of race, gender, sexuality, economic status, language, literacy, culture and age, and examples of how exclusion happens along all these lines; and
- Disability – a discussion of types and models of disability, followed by background on accessible technologies and exercises to put all this work into practice.
A11Y CHALLENGE FOR August 2020
In the Accessibility bulletin July 2020 we asked about your experiences captioning the pictures shared on whatsapp. Here is a short video explaining the same.
FROM MAXABILITY BLOG
OTHER WAYS TO FOLLOW US
Let us know how we did with Accessibility bulletin August 2020. It will help us in bringing more relevant accessibility news.
We will be soon opening a section for sponsored post. If you want to promote your products, services or tools, write to us. Our email address is email@example.com.