Maxability is bringing together the web accessibility suits and settlements since 2014. 5th year in a row, this article highlights some web accessibility suits and settlements in 2018.
Plaintiffs filed 4965 federal ADA Title III lawsuits in first 6 months of 2018. Among this large numbers are web accessibility suits and settlements. If the trend continues, it is expected to reach 10,000 cases with an approximate increase of 30% from 2017 according to ADAtitleIII.com
The major web accessibility suits are reported on
- clothing and apparel stores
- telecommunications companies
- consumer goods
- e-commerce stores
Web Accessibility suits and settlements in 2018
All the links below navigate to external websites.
- Mendez Vs Apple
- Sullivan Jr. v. CNN America, Inc
- MARIA MENDIZABAL VS. NIKE
- Bishop v. Amazon.com, Inc.
- Braulio Thorne v. Rolex Watch
- Luc Burbon v. Fox News Network
- Maria Mendizabal, et al. v. Burger King
- 1-800-Flowers.comVs 3 plaintifs and Accessnow
- Baked by Melissa
- Hotel Elysee’s
- E*TRADE ACCESSIBILITY AGREEMENT AMENDMENT
- Price v. Everglades College, (court dismisses the suit)
- Haynes v Hooters, restaurant chain to proceed
- Appellant versus DUNKIN’ DONUTS LLC (PDF)
- Kylie Jenner’s Cosmetics Website Sued for Not Being Accessible to Blind Customers
- Sullivan, Jr. v. Springer Nature America, Inc
- Sullivan, Jr. v. National Public Radio, Inc
- Thorne v. Porsche Design of America, Inc
- Victor Lopez v The Hershey Company, Inc
- Victor Lopez v. Nintendo of America Inc.
- Victor Lopez v. Pandora Ecomm LLC et al
- Duncan v. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc
- Camacho v. Bed Bath and Beyond, Inc.
- Sullivan Jr. v. Dow Jones & Company, Inc.
- Marett v. Armel Tax and Accounting Services, LLC
- Bishop v. Signature Bank
Below are the links from past year on web Accessibility suits.