NVDA the free Windows screen reader by NVAccess released the next version for 2018 i.e NVDA 2018.2 . The release include few new features, bug fixes and developer enhancements.
What’s new in NVDA 2018.2
- row and column span for table cells is now reported
Support for new languages Mongolian, Swiss German.
- All of NVDA’s Preferences can now be found in one settings dialog under NVDA Menu -> Preferences -> Settings, rather than scattered throughout many dialogs.
- NVDA no longer fails to read the page when going back to a previous page in Microsoft Edge.
- Labels of checkboxes and radio buttons in Chrome and Firefox are no longer reported twice when tabbing or using quick navigation in Browse mode.
- aria-current with a value of false will be announced as “false” instead of “true”.
Complete list of new features, bug fixes and changes can be found here.
Download or update to NVDA 2018.2
Visit the NVDA download page for NVDA 2018.2. If already have an older version update to 2018.2.
updating to NVDA 2018.2
- Press NVDA + n to open NVDA settings.
- Navigate to Help by pressing down arrow until you hear Help.
- Press right arrow to move into the help menu.
- Press down arrow until you hear Check for updates.
- Press enter Check for updates and follow the onscreen instructions.
NVDA is an open source and free screen reading solution for Windows operating system. Support the cause by donating to the NVDA project.