NVDA 2017.4 is released today. In case if your machine have not prompted for an update download it from NVAccess website.
Wait, before updating be aware that NVAccess has stopped support for Windows XP and Windows Vista. If you are running these operating systems do not update to NVDA 2017.4. This version starts support from Windows 7 with service pack 1 and above. NVAccess have still made the older version i.e. NVDA 2017.3 available for download on there website.
Highlights of NVDA 2017.4 release
- When the web dialogs are opened by default they are opened in browse mode. Developers are not specifically required to add role=”document” to switch from focus mode to browse mode if you are doing so.
- The elements list option now contains the forms and button options. By pressing NVDA + f7, users can now get list of forms and buttons along with links, headings and landmarks.
- The group labels for form elements are better reported.
- Users can now navigate to rich text fields with the text fields quick command “e” , “shift + e” and form fields quick command “f” and “shift + f”.
- The announcement of connecting and disconnecting the power charger along with the % of battery is made available in NVDA 2017.4.
- The screen oriantation if changed is announced to the user.
Read the complete What’s new in NVDA 2017.4