We are excited to have our first webinar in 2019. The webinar is on “Web accessibility Testing With screen reader” scheduled on 22nd January, 2019. Thank you for supporting us and taking part in our last 2 webinars.
For this webinar we have Alan Smith, Web Accessibility Expert from Humana. Know more about Alan in the about the speaker section below and when you join the webinar.
Web accessibility testing with NVDA screen reader
About the speaker Alan Smith
- Over 25 years of software testing and management experience and 5 years in the field of accessibility.
- Work full-time for Humana and part-time for Criterion 508 as an Accessibility Lead
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Invited Expert Taskforce member for Mobile, Low- Vision and Conformance Testing of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Working Group
- Contributor to WCAG’s Mobile Accessibility: How WCAG 2.0 and Other W3C/WAI Guidelines Apply to Mobile located at: http://w3c.github.io/Mobile-A11y-TF-Note/
- Recently hired by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (UNCC) as an adjunct professor to do formal curriculum development and teaching on accessibility and help build their accessibility program
- My relationship with UNCC started by my personally initiated outreach to the community through guest lecturing web and mobile accessibility sessions at the university for graduate and under-graduate classes
- Created several online training courses covering WCAG 2.0 Testing and Repair Techniques, Accessibility for Designers and Using JAWS for Testing.
Connect with alan on linkedin.
Key take-aways from the webinar
- Learn how simple it is to use the screen reader
- Learn the few commands that you need to know
- Learn some simple settings for better usage
- Learn how to share what the screen reader announces
Webinar date and time
On January 22nd 2019. Between
- 9: 00 PM and 10 : 00 PM IST
- 10 : 30 Am and 11 : 30 aM ET
- 7 : 30 AM and 8 : 30aM PT