NVDA the free Windows screen reader by NVAccess released the first version for 2018 i.e NVDA 2018.1. The release include few new features, bug fixes and developer enhancements.
What’s new in NVDA 2018.1
- Support for charts in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Support for new language Kyrgyz.
- Added support for VitalSource Bookshelf.
- New touch interaction setting in NVDA preferences
And many more bug fixes and feature enhancements. Read the complete NVDA 2018.1 updates.
Download or update to NVDA 2018.1
Visit the NVDA download page for NVDA 2018.1. If already have an older version update to 2018.1.
updating to NVDA 2018.1
- Press NVDA + n to open NVDA settings.
- Navigate to Help by pressing down arrow until you hear Help.
- Press right arrow to move into the help menu.
- Press down arrow until you hear Check for updates.
- Press enter Check for updates and follow the onscreen instructions.
NVDA is an open source and free screen reading solution for Windows operating system. Support the cause by donating to the NVDA project.