Important updates on CSUN asistive technology conference (CSUN-2018), Inclusive Design 24 (#ID 24) and WCAG 2.1 public draft for review are updated in this article. This is the time to present and talk on your experiences, view points and be a part of the change in the world of accessibility. The August public draft for review on WCAG 2.1 is due until September 13 2017. Look at the public draft and share any comments or feedback you may have.
CSUN-2018 General Call for papers
The General Call for Papers for the 33rd CSUN Assistive Technology Conference (CSUN-2018) will open Thursday, September 14, 2017 and conclude on Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
CSUN-2018 event venue and dates
The 33rd CSUN Assistive Technology Conference (CSUN-2018) will be held March 19 2018 to March 23 2018 at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, Ca.
Important dates for CSUN-2018
- General Call for papers open on September 14 2017 and closes on October 3rd 2017.
- Notification of acceptance October 24th 2017.
- Speaker registration opens on October 31st 2017 and closes on November 28th 2017.
- Late speaker registration is open until December 19th 2017.
Visit CSUN 2018 General call for papers for latest updates.
Call for presentations Inclusive Design 24
Inclusive Design 24 celebrates efforts worldwide to ensure people with disabilities have full and equal access to the web. To this end, #ID24 will be holding 24 completely free one-hour webinars on all things accessibility. The sessions range from beginner to advanced and are aimed at everyone from executives to web developers.
The next inclusive design 24 #ID24 is planned on November 16 2017. The call for presentations are currently opened. Call for presentation can be submitted until September 17 2017. Selected talks will be notified on September 25 2017.
Have any questions? Why not drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCAG 2.1 public draft for review
The Accessibility Guidelines Working Group has published an updated Working Draft of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
Highlights of this and upcoming drafts
- Today’s draft includes additional success criteria that the Working Group approved. Further details are in the status section and changes are listed in the change log.
- A draft is planned for September that will comprise the final set of new success criteria. The Working Group particularly seeks comments on addressing any overlaps between success criteria, and possibly reorganizing or renumbering success criteria.
- In November a draft will be published that incorporates those changes from the September draft, and is intended to be the final version beginning implementation testing.
- WCAG 2.1 is expected to be published as a W3C Recommendation by mid-2018.
To comment, the Working Group requests input be filed as new issues on github. or by email to email@example.com.
The Working Group requests comments on this draft be filed by 13 September 2017.